Project 2 Proposal

For this project I want to focus on the theme of "FOMO" or the "fear of missing out". In high school I struggled a lot with this. I had plenty of what I thought were friends at the time, but nothing was ever right. They were my friends, but something was always off. My two closest friends had been best friends since birth basically so I almost always felt like a third wheel. It didn't stop with that though I felt left out 99% of the time too. My friends would always hang out, go to the movies, go out to eat, etc. and I wouldn't be invited. During this time, I felt as though it was on purpose and that I didn't have any real friends.

For this project, I want to focus on the concept of "FOMO" and how it can make someone feel. I'm going to either use my bedroom or the living room for the setting of this project, I'm not sure what will work better yet. I want to capture videos/pictures of my friends doing fun things or find some that I already have, but without me in them and project those either onto the walls surrounding my bed/couch. I will then lay down alone on the bed/couch to show the juxtaposition between staying in alone while all your friends are out having fun. I might just use the original audio from the videos I use, but I'm not sure what I will do for that aspect of the project yet.

Materials:
Projector
Bed/couch
Camera

Timeline:
10/2 - Have all videos/pictures together
10/4 - Video elements edited 
10/6 - Record installation
10/11 - Record installation (if needed)
10/13 - Done and edited
10/19 - Project due



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gallery Instructions | Final

Process 2 | Final