Artist Statement | Project 1

For this project, I have chose to title it Senses because the 5 senses are my main theme around this installation. Sometimes I think and believe that I have heightened senses, some more than others and I wanted to try to capture that. For me, hearing is the one that "acts up" the most. I find myself to be very sensitive to noises, in this case annoying noises. People smacking/crunching their food is the main discomforting noise for me, which is why I chose to show that in this project. I decided to keep the audio from these videos of me eating annoying foods (apple, chips, popcorn) to really show the discomfort I get from these noises. 

As for the other senses, my sense of smell would probably be next on the list because I have really bad allergies, not only to animals but to pretty much everything outdoors. A good majority of the year, I have troubles breathing through my nose because of my allergies acting up. For taste, I have always been a somewhat picky eater so I usually stay with pretty "normal" foods. I have gotten better as I have gotten older, but still pretty picky. My sight has always been good, while the rest of my family wear glasses or contacts of some sort I have always had perfect vision. My sense of touch is usually fine as well, however there have always been certain textures that I hate to feel, specifically velvet. 

While some of my senses don't really seem to be "heightened" like the others, often times they still feel like it. My senses of hearing, smelling, and tasting have always been difficult ones for me. I chose to do my project on this topic because I thought it could be interesting to see what all of our senses look and sound like.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gallery Instructions | Final

Process 2 | Final